Banana Orange Pancakes

March 05, 2012

Banana Orange Pancakes

These pancakes are great for breakfast and so easy to make. It's amazing that with simple ingredients you can make such delicious pancakes that are also light, fluffy and full of flavour. They are wonderful eaten plain or with different toppings, like sweet cream (single cream sweetened with agave nectar) or maple syrup.

Banana Orange Pancakes

Dry Ingredients
  • 1 cup plain white flour (feel free to experiment with whole wheat flour, I just didn't get a chance yet)
  • 1 tsp unrefined caster sugar
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder (aluminium-free)
Sift everything in a bowl and mix well.

Wet Ingredients
  • 1 small ripe banana, mashed well with a fork
  • 1/2 - 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
  • 1 1/2 Tb sunflower oil
Add the banana to the dry ingredients and mix a little with a fork.
Keep mixing and gradually add the orange juice until you get a thick sticky batter.
Add the oil and incorporate.

Heat a non-stick pan on medium. Spoon the batter onto the pan to form 2.5" (6.5 cm) pancakes (depending on the pan you have you might need to add a little oil to coat the pan and prevent the pancakes from sticking or browning; they should remain golden). Cook until they start to bubble and dry up on top, then use a spatula to flip them over and cook for a further few seconds. Remove onto a plate and continue with the remaining batter. Serve warm.

You might also like my Date Walnut Pancakes with no added sugar.

Enjoy and spread the magic:)


A lot of time, effort and passion goes into each recipe I post. My greatest satisfaction comes from your feedback. If you made this recipe, then please take a minute of your time to leave me a comment. And if you like it, please share it so that others have access to it as well. Thank you all in advance!

6 comments:

Vicki

I made these for my family this morning and they loved them! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe :)

Vegan Magic

Thank you so much for your feedback Vicki, I am thrilled that your family loved them:) I will post other pancake recipes soon, hope you'll enjoy them too.

Danielle

One of my biggest challenges so far has been been to find some good pancakes vegan recipes. I can't live without pancakes! :-) Thanks for posting those!

Vegan Magic

Indeed pancakes can be addictive:) You've found a great recipe, I love these ones and I hope you will too when you make them:)

Magda

That looks delicious!!! I'm so glad you commented on my blog, so I found yours and now I can try some of vegan recipes. They all look yummy!

Vegan Magic

Thank you so much Magda:) I couldn't have overlooked your sweet potato chips on Tasteologie, they looked fabulous! I'm very happy you like the recipes and hope you'll enjoy everything you're going to try:)

Previous Next Home